Another Lie Exposed: Senator Mary Landrieu Now Admits to Slashing Medicare for Seniors
Landrieu's ObamaCare "enacted $200 Billion in cuts to Medicare Advantage over 10 years"
- In January 2010, Senator Mary Landrieu (D-LA) promised Louisianans who depend on Medicare that ObamaCare “strengthens Medicare.”
- But in March 2010 Mary Landrieu voted to slash Medicare Advantage to pay for ObamaCare. (H.R. 4872, CQ Vote #72: Motion agreed to 56-42: R 0-40; D 54-2; I 2-0, 3/24/10, Landrieu Voted Yea)
- In Louisiana alone, 207,811 seniors rely on Medicare Advantage plans (28% of all Medicare enrollees).
- According to America’s Health Insurance Plans, in Louisiana, seniors on Medicare Advantage plans experienced cost increases and benefit cuts of an estimated $80-90 per month as a result of this year's 6 percent cut to the program due to ObamaCare.
- Now, as Louisiana seniors are being crushed under the weight of ObamaCare and as her poll numbers plummet, Mary Landrieu admits in a letter to Centers for Medicare & Medicaid that she cut Medicare for seniors after promising Louisianans that ObamaCare “strengthens Medicare.”
- Landrieu's letter reads: “We write to raise serious concerns about the Medicare Advantage (MA) 2015 rate notice and the impact further cuts may have on the millions of individuals enrolled in the program,” the senators write. “We are strongly committed to preserving the high quality health plan choices and benefits that our constituents receive through the MA program. Given the impact that payment policies could have on our constituents, we ask that you prioritize beneficiaries’ experience and minimize disruption in maintaining payment levels for 2015.”
"Mary Landrieu promised Louisianans that ObamaCare wouldn't harm seniors who rely on Medicare, but that wasn't true," said NRSC Press Secretary Brook Hougesen."Mary Landrieu has repeatedly deceived Louisiana voters. Now even though Mary Landrieu admits that she slashed Medicare Advantage to pay for ObamaCare, she is trying to blame others for her broken promises. Landrieu's reckless cuts to Medicare mean fewer benefits and health care choices for seniors. Deceiving seniors about Medicare isn't the first lie Mary Landrieu told about ObamaCare, but it serves as the latest reminder that Louisianans can't trust her to keep her word."